|<< Vorige - Volgende >>|
Nigel Short Greatest Hits
At the age of 14 he became the youngest IM in history, breaking Bobby Fischer’s previous record, and at 16 he came second (to Garry Kasparov) at the under 20 World Junior Championship in Dortmund.
He only lost to World Champion Garry Kasparov in the title match in London.
Since then he has remained active at the highest levels of competitive chess, but has also become a chess columnist, commentator and also a coach for promising young talents. He is considered one of the most entertaining and outspoken personalities in the chess world.
His experience in tournaments and matches all over the world – Short has visited a total of 89 countries – can be seen in the narratives that precede the games which he annotates with humour and instructive insights.
2. Short - Timman: "Daring king march"
3. Short -Kasparov: "First victory over the champ"
4. Short - Ponomariov: "Wild, weird and previouslyunknown"
5. Short - Anand: "Last round triumph"
6. Short - Ljubojevic: "Ripping sacrifices"
7. Short - Karpov: "With a little help from my friend"
8. Short - Mchedlishvili: "Georgia's always on my mind"
9. Short - Cheparinov: "You've got to hand it to him"
10. Kramnik - Short:"Kremlin blues"
11. Topalov - Short: "Better than Garry?"
12. Mamedyarov - Short: "Short and sweet"
13. Short - Smyslov: "Endgame virtuouso"
14. Short - Akopian: "King's Gambiteer"